“The Relaxed Musician:
Mental Preparation for Confident Performances”
CD and Workbook Program
Your goal every time you practice, go on stage, or into the audition room is to feel prepared, relaxed, and ready. This means harnessing your nervous jitters and performing without worry, anxiety, uncertainty, or excess negative mental chatter!
In The Relaxed Musician, you’ll learn a specific, step-by-step system to identify your ideal performance state, anticipate and cope with any situation, and apply a confident pre-performance routine to perform your best in every circumstance.
It doesn’t matter if you perform or compete every week or once a month, but it does matter that you are relaxed—to feel poised, confident, and ready to perform.
Two Audio CDs and 105-Page Workbook - $89.00 US
(At Peak Performance Sports)
PREFER TO ORDER BY PHONE? CALL 888-742-7225
Take a Test Drive and Sample
Day 1 of “The Relaxed Musician” Program
We want to help as many musicians as possible. That’s why we’re giving you Day 1 of the Audio and Workbook – absolutely free! Download this now so you can test drive our new ground breaking program for musicians!
We want you to feel confident that you will benefit from the program! Get Day 1 workbook and audio now…
Use the player to listen to the audio, or download below:
Read More About The Relaxed Musician CD & Workbook Program
The Relaxed Musician teaches you the same strategies we teach our personal coaching students when working in the areas of coping with anxiety, tension, fear of failure, and mental preparation. In this 14-day program, you’ll learn the key mental strategies to help you perform with a calm mind that is free of worry, excess tension, and pre-performance jitters.
These mental strategies are not new because we have used them successfully to help our students achieve peak performances for almost 20 years. What’s unique is a new formula or system we have developed to teach every performer how to implement and apply powerful pre-performance mental strategies. These same mental strategies have helped 1000s of athletes improve their mental game and performance.
Who Will Benefit From The Relaxed Musician Program?
Allow us to set the stage with four very important questions about your mental game….
- Do you get so tight or tense before performances that you can’t think straight or fear memory slips?
- Do you become anxious before you perform because you worry about embarrassing yourself or making mistakes?
- Do you have trouble sleeping the night before performances, can’t eat before, or are so anxious and tense stepping onto the stage that you are already tired or spent before your performance starts?
- Do you have a warm up routine you follow, but don’t pay attention to your mental preparation before performances?
If you said “yes,” you’re not alone! Many musicians experience pre-performance anxiety and tension. Pre-performance anxiety is the number one obstacle to a relaxed and effortless performance – a quality that you must have to enter the performance zone!
Musicians who perform with anxiety and excess tension:
- Worry too much about results or outcomes and tighten up during their performance.
- Are afraid of what others may think about them if they make mistakes.
- Want badly to perform up to the expectations of others and worry that they won’t please others.
- Are tired even before their performance starts because they are physically and mentally drained due to anxiety and worry.
- Are prone to lose confidence when they don’t know how to react to pre-performance jitters.
- Perform tight, scared, and lose trust in their ability because they fear mistakes.
“The Relaxed Musician:
A 14-Day Program for Optimal Mental Preparation”
The Relaxed Musician CD & Workbook Program is ideal for any musician who wants to overcome pre-performance anxiety, worry, or excess tension and learn to perform with poise and confidence. It’s also ideal for music teachers who wants to teach their students how to perform with poise and relaxation during performances.
“The Relaxed Musician” program is presented on two 78-minute CD’s with a 105-page step-by-step workbook. We combine a practical and real-life workbook with a step-by-step CD that takes you through each day of the 14 day program.
It’s like having your own personal mental coaches on your iPod or headphones.
You can use these CDs at home with the practical workbook or download the MP3 files onto your iPod so you can listen to them repeatedly until the strategies are stored in your sub-conscious mind.
What Are Our Credentials?
Dr. Diana Allan
- Is a soprano who has appeared in operatic and concert performances throughout the Mid- and Southwest including Violetta in Verdi’s La Traviata, Rosalinda in Johann Strauss’s Die Fledermaus, Despina in Mozart’s Cosi fan tutte, Leatitia in Gian Carlo Menotti’s The Old Maid and the Thief and has extensive oratorio experience.
- Has performed in Germany, Austria, the Czech Republic, Italy, and Brazil.
- Created the role of Eeba Streeba, a character in the children’s television program, Cat Paws in Motion, which has aired on Public Broadcasting Stations throughout the United States.
- Has over 20 years university level teaching experience and currently teaches on the faculty of The University of Texas at San Antonio.
- Has done extensive research on topics such as mindfulness, mindful learning, cognitive strategies for performers and incorporating the teaching of those strategies in applied music instruction.
- Has nearly three decades of teaching experience and has worked with performers of all ages and all performance levels who have achieved success.
- Is a certified Mental Game Coaching Professional (MGCP).
Dr. Patrick Cohn:
- Works with some of the top athletes in the world including PGA Tour winners and NASCAR winners on techniques to improve confidence, focus, and composure for sports – over 15 years.
- Has interviewed many top athletes in the world including Thurman Thomas, Michelle Akers, Ernie Els, Mario Andretti, and Helen Alfredsson to uncover the strategies, techniques and skills that keep these professional athletes at the pinnacle of performance.
- Has authored and produced an extensive library of sports psychology books, videos, audio programs and training seminars.
- Earned a Ph.D. in Sports Psychology from the University of Virginia having published more articles than any other students at the time.
- Owns and operates the world’s leading mental training web site with over 20,000 readers and hundreds of current members who are reaping the rewards mental game coaching brings to their performance.
What Lessons Are Included in “The Relaxed Musician” Program?
Here’s a breakdown of what you’ll learn in “The Relaxed Musician:” Two confidence-boosting CDs packed with valuable lessons for mental preparation:
- DAY 1: Finding Your Inner Relaxed Musician
- DAY 2: Being Mentally Prepared for Anything
- DAY 3: Training Your Mind for Relaxation
- DAY 4: Stop Worrying About What Others Think!
- DAY 5: Giving Energy to What You Can Control!
- DAY 6: Calming Your Inner Chatter
- DAY 7: Expelling Expectations that Cause Stress
- DAY 8: Taking Control of Your Confidence
- DAY 9: Rehearsing Your Performance to Calm Your Nerves
- DAY 10: Preparing Yourself to Focus on the Process
- DAY 11: Preparing Your Mind to Trust
- DAY 12: Embrace Pre-Performance Butterflies
- DAY 13: Coping with Performance Pressure
- DAY 14: Apply Mental Preparation Strategies to Your Pre-Performance Routine
- My Improved Pre-Performance Mindset
- My Commitment Contract: Taking Poised Action
- Appendix A: Imagery Script for Visualization
Three Premium Bonuses Included
You’ll receive two premium bonuses that come with the program to help you implement the strategies you learn in the CD program. You can download these bonuses immediately!
BONUS 1: Download “The Relaxed Musician CD” and Workbook Program!
Why wait for the program to arrive by mail? As a bonus, you can download the programs files (Audio MP3 and PDF workbook) immediately after purchase. But don’t worry, we’ll also ship the workbook and CDs for your performance-enhancement library. Just add the MP3 files to your favorite MP3 player and you have an instant, virtual mental coaches! Bonus value: $30
BONUS 2: Your Pre-Performance Checklist:
When you are beginning to learn how to become mentally stronger, this checklist is very handy as an effective tool to help you remember the key steps to staying calm and focused prior to performance. Bonus value: $20 – immediate download.
BONUS 3: Letting Go of the Need to be Perfect, 10-page eBook
In this eBook, you or your students will learn why musicians struggle with perfectionism, how some perfectionist tendencies can be good, and how to cope with the tendencies that aren’t. Bonus value: $30 – immediate download.
“The Relaxed Musician: A 14-Day Program for Optimal Mental Preparation”
In The Relaxed Musician, we provide you with a specific, step-by-step system to identify your ideal performance state, anticipate and cope with any situation, and apply a confident pre-performance routine to perform your best in every circumstance. Here’s what’s included:
- Two 78-minute CD’s (shipped to you).
- A 105-page step-by-step workbook (shipped to you).
- Bonus 1 – Download the entire program on MP3 and PDF.
- Bonus 2 – Your Pre-Performance Checklist.
- Bonus 3 – Letting Go of the Need to be Perfect eBook.
- Also – Imagery Script for Pre-Performance Visualization.
(At Peak Performance Sports)